Lead Data Engineer
Are you a Senior or Lead Data Engineer, or perhaps a Data Engineer with more than 4 years experience wanting to up your leadership abilities, and looking for involvement within a nice mix both BAU and greenfield projects?
Data Idols are working with a well-known retail company whose brands are certainly well known to households in the UK. As a data-focused company, they have been on a journey over the last few years and are now looking to stabilise and future-proof their data… and there’s lots of it!
This exciting permanent opportunity is set up for hybrid working, with a preference of one day a week in the London (Paddington) office.
- This Lead Data Engineer is the First Data Engineer within a new area of the business
- Initially, it will be a hands-on role, but our client quickly plan to hire other data engineers which will report into this Lead Data Engineer role.
- Over time, it could be that this is a hands-off role but could remain partly hands on depending on preference.
- Mixture of BAU (business as usual/ current systems) and greenfield.
Skills and Experience
- You will have come from a technical background yourself understanding Data lakes and Data Warehousing, as well as Data Pipelines, and will have worked in a Cloud environment, the preference is Azure but they are open to other cloud experience.
- You have an understanding of DevOps best practices
- Confident in PySpark, Spark or Databricks
- You have proven experience of leading teams or mentoring juniors
What’s in it for you?
- Up to £80k salary DOE
- Car allowance
- Good pension contribution
- Wider benefits package
Lead Data Engineer
Question? Chat with Charlotte
Call now on 01908 465 570 or leave Charlotte a message.
for reaching out, 🙏
A member of our team will be in touch shortly to arrange our chat.
Check it out!
Apply for our latest jobs
Reporting Developer Data Idols are working with a really exciting company who are disrupting the automotive industry and are looking for a Reporting Developer to…
Data Analyst Data Idols are delighted to be working with an international publisher who have a focus on global health and well-being along with sustainable…